statcounter

Sunday, July 20, 2008

LDL 2.0 Time Slots and SOOP 2.0 Sneak Peak!!!

The time slots for the Second Annual Laying Down the Law Show have been set! Here's the way the evening's going to go:

8:30-Art Edwards and his Defunct Band
9:30-Buck Daddy
10:30-South Slope Cutthroats
11:30-Refreshments Tribute

My band was given the option to play later in the night, but I opted for the first slot because:

a) we're a trio, and something about fewer guys onstage makes going first seem appropriate

b) my guess is we're a just little quieter than the other bands that will play that night

c) it's our debut gig...earn your slot, rookie!

What does this mean to you? It means that, if you want to catch the debut performance of Da 'Funct, you can't lollygag your way to J.J. Kelley's that night. Get cleaned up, get some grub down your gullet, and get to the show!

And have you seen Randy's poster?



On a more bummer note, I'm sad to announce that Dead Hot Workshop will not be playing at my triumphant return to the Yucca Tap Room in Tempe on September 6th. We're working on filling the slot, but you can rest assured plenty of law will be laid down that night regardless. Phoenicians, have you marked your calendars? September 6th!

Finally, I've received the final proof of the revised Stuck Outside of Phoenix--which comes out at my Web site on Monday August 4 and will be for sale at all of my shows starting with LDL 2.0--and I'm freaking over the results. Curious? Here's a slightly pinkish version of the cover art:



That's it for this week, folks. Time for Defunct to rehearse!

Thanks,

Art

Buy Ghost Notes



Buy Songs from Memory

No comments: