statcounter

Sunday, September 6, 2009

How's that Audio Book?

You can now buy the digital download of Ghost Notes the Audio Book at CDBaby.

Sales of the audio book have been going well, but I've gotten very little feedback from you folks.

First of all, did the digital download work like you expected? Did you have any problems at all getting the tracks? I'm curious how fulfillment is going.

And of course please don't be afraid to tell me what you think of the book itself. Is it everything you expected? More? Less? If we didn't get it right this time, we want to get it right next time.

Will there be a next time?

Oh, sure.

When I first announced the audio book, a few of you expressed some confusion. "Why not start with Stuck Outside of Phoenix?" you asked. "It's the first of the series, and that way you can start at the beginning."

Good question. Ghost Notes, as my newest novel, seemed like the right one to bring to life first. I'd already put together some audio excerpts for Stuck, and I didn't feel the urge to go back to that novel just yet. You always like your newest work best. At least I do.

But that doesn't mean I won't do an audio book for Stuck at some point. Again, the beauty of self-publishing. If Stuck Outside of Phoenix had been traditionally published, no publishing house would waste time and money releasing an audio book for such a "small" novel.

But it's mine, which means I can revive or refine or re-work it or any of my books anytime I want, and in any form I want. We'll see what the future brings. Maybe 2010.

For now, I'd settle for some feedback on Ghost Notes the Audio Book.

Oh, and health care reform.



Yours in laying down the law,

Art

Buy Ghost Notes, the novel or brand new audio book.



Buy Songs from Memory, the album


Buy Stuck Outside of Phoenix, the novel

No comments: