statcounter

Friday, May 22, 2009

Ghost Notes the Audio Book will be Available Through...

Get ready for Ghost Notes in Audio Book!!! It's coming your way June 15th!!!

I've made a decision.

I've decided what company will distribute my audio book.

And the winner is....

CDBaby

I had a few other options, Snocap being the leader for much of the time, but I came to my senses this week.

You see, Snocap charges 20 cents per track per download, which means, if I were to track the book the way I want (3-4 minutes per track), they would charge me something like $12 per sale. That doesn't sound right to me.

So, I went with CDBaby, the Portland-based company that will allow me to track my book the right way.

But there is some downside to going with CDBaby.

With Snocap, I could have the tracks up and available to you within 24 hours of finishing them. CDBaby's process is a lot longer. It could take up to two months for them to get my audio book ready for you to download it. Considering I won't be finished with the project until right before its launch date of June 15th, that would push my launch date into August.

So, what does this mean? Is the audio book going to be late?

No.

The digital download version won't come out for a couple of months after the release date, BUT I will be selling copies of the finished product at my Web site starting on June 15.

This will work just like buying a normal book from me. You'll place the order through Paypal, and I'll burn and mail you the discs. This way, you can still get Ghost Notes the Audio Book in time for that long trip this summer.

Doing it this way is really the best of both worlds for me. I get to arrange the audio book tracking the way I want, I get the best deal (which means I can pass the savings on to you), I can stay true to my launch date, and I can eventually have the audio book available at places like iTunes, which CDBaby administers as part of its digital package.

But we all have to wait a while for the digital download. You can bet I'll let you know when it's up.

And we can watch this in the meantime!



Yours in laying down the law,

Art

Buy Ghost Notes



Buy Songs from Memory


Buy Stuck Outside of Phoenix

No comments: