statcounter

Monday, September 1, 2008

Tempe, AZ, Here I Come!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who came out and enjoyed my reading and/or show at the Decatur Book Festival this past weekend. We had a nice crowd for both events. The people who came to the reading got to hear a short story, "The Move," which is about Hote as a 16-year-old, and I loved playing the old and the new material with Mr. Hartley and Mr. Leahy. The music portion was recorded by sound man extraordinaire Shalom, so you'll hear a cut or two as soon as I figure out which sound best (i.e., least amount of Bud screw-ups).

And now for my next trick:

AZ, baby!

Two Bud events will happen this week in the Valley of the Sun. The first is this Thursday, Sept. 4, at Stinkweeds at 7 PM. I'll be playing solo acoustic songs from Songs from Memory, maybe a request or two, and reading from Ghost Notes. This is an intimate and fun way to spend an hour on Thursday night, and you'll get to see the new Phoenix Stinkweeds, the standard-bearer for Independent record stores in AZ. Come see me! I'll ham it up like Dee Dee.



Oh, but there's more AZ mayhem. I will be making my triumphant return to the Yucca Tap Room On Saturday, Sept. 6. I'll be playing with the AZ contingency of my Defunct Band, which has Jim Gerke on lead guitar and Curtis Grippe on drums. You can also expect a set by the Jim Gerke Explosion, and a set of covers performed by (at least) Jim Gerke and me. This is going to be a special one. Who will be ready to party on Saturday? Mark your calendars!

That's it for this week. I'll see all you AZ folks in just a few days. Stay outta trouble.

Thanks,

Art


Buy Stuck Outside of Phoenix



Buy Ghost Notes



Buy Songs from Memory

No comments: