statcounter

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Announcing The Second Annual Laying Down the Law Show!

We had a great time at Uncommon Ground on Friday! It was wonderful to see some old--and not so old--friends, and to play some songs solo acoustic for my new favorite city. And what a great turn-out! I'm always glad to see new faces.

If you want to hear a track from Friday, check out my MySpace Audio Page.

Rob, who came to both the Abbey Pub show in March and this one at UG, admitted he has two CDs in the visor of his car: Songs from Memory and Too Fast for Love by Motley Crue.

I have to admit: Too Fast for Love was always my favorite Motley Crue CD.



So, I'm honored and humbled.

Anyway, Chicago, thank you for treating me like family. We'll have to do it again sometime.

Like, how 'bout August?

The Laying Down the Law Show 2008

Randy Anderson, of Chicagoland's Buck Daddy, and I are teaming up to bring you a night of new and classic music. The date of the show is August 9th, a Saturday, and it's at JJ Kelley's in Lansing, IL, just south of Chicago. Events will include a set of music by Art Edwards and his Defunct Band, a set by Buck Daddy, and a set featuring me, Randy and a cast of musicians performing the Refreshments classic Fizzy, Fuzzy Big & Buzzy in its entirety! This is sure to be a fun night of music and memories you won't want to miss.

Last year, at the inaugural LDL show at Martyrs' in Chicago, we had a great turn-out, with lots of fun and plenty of rock to tame that outlaw inside of you. Many of the same performers have signed on for the Refreshments tribute portion of the show, including Bobby Shaw of Buck Daddy on drums, and Todd, the singer, who brings new meaning to the phrase "laying down the law" (he's a cop, folks). This is one you need to start planning on right now. I bet you won't regret it.

Saturday, August 9, 9 PM, JJ Kelley's in Lansing, IL.

See you there,

Art

Buy Ghost Notes



Buy Songs from Memory

No comments: