statcounter

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Packrat McHoarderson

You can now buy the digital download of Ghost Notes the Audio Book at CDBaby.

And please listen to "Incident," download it for free, and pass it on to friends and family.

If you hadn't guessed, I'm a little prudish when it comes to letting my work out into the world.

For example, it took me a over a year from the time it was recorded to release "Incident".

For another example, right now I have the following projects in some mode of less-than-perfect sitting on my hard drive:

One 400-page novel, started in 2006 and revised like crazy since then.

Demos of ten finished new songs, all written since Songs From Memory.

15,000 words of a non-fiction book, started years ago.

Three short stories that either aren't ready, can't find homes, or both.

A funny list I will send to McSweeney's Internet Tendency as soon as it's done.

Scores of started projects that will never see the light of day.

I imagine most writer/musician/artist-types have similar backlogs. The work is just never quite perfect, and in a world where everyone is some kind of artist, your work kind of has to be perfect.

So, I'll sit on my pile a while longer, see what ages well and what starts smell, refine the good and throw out the rest.

Yours in laying down the law,

Art

Buy Ghost Notes, the novel or brand new audio book.



Buy Songs from Memory, the album


Buy Stuck Outside of Phoenix, the novel

No comments: