statcounter

Friday, March 20, 2009

Another Song about Oregon

It's happening this Thursday!



I'm playing solo acoustic at Twin Paradox coffee shop in the Sellwood neighborhood of Portland. The age requirement is...none. This is an all ages show. The cover is...none. Absolutely free! Two sets of music by yours truly. You will want to be there.

Why?

Well...because this is my first gig back in Oregon, and I think it's going to be a special night.

That's great. But why would I, the Oregonian with nothing to do on Thursday night, want to be there?

Did I mention that Twin Paradox has a requirement that no artist perform covers? That's right. This place features all original music (and public works) by local and visiting artists. What a bold--and very Oregonian--thing to do. We support our artists, don't we? That might be my favorite aspect of living here.

Great point, but frankly, I've seen your schtick before, and I'd really like to know what's going to be different his time.


A fair question. I've written three new songs this past month, and each of them was inspired by our recent relocation to our fair state. (Yes, the Moss Muse has been kind.) This show will be the first time I perform this trilogy of songs live, so you're going to want to be there to hear them. When one of them becomes the Oregon state anthem, you'll be able to say you were there!

Okay, now you're getting my attention.

Good.

So, drop on by Twin Paradox on Thursday around 7:30,

7:30-9:30 PM

Get your cup of coffee,



Get your scone,



and listen to some original music.

Yours in laying down the law,

Art

Buy Ghost Notes



Buy Songs from Memory


Buy Stuck Outside of Phoenix

No comments: