statcounter

Sunday, January 6, 2008

What's New for 2008

What’s new? What isn’t new!

First of all, I’ve updated my website. There you will find art work for both Ghost Notes and Songs from Memory, and at the events page there's a list of confirmed--or very close to it--events. Phoenix, Tucson, Denver, OKC, and Atlanta metro are all on the docket, and there’s plenty more in the process of becoming so, including a full-on rock show in Phoenix and a weeklong tour up the middle of the country in late March. I expect newly confirmed dates every week in Jan., so check back. I’ll announce them all here.

You’ll notice that each event varies a bit. I plan on mixing it up as much as possible in 2008 between readings, acoustic shows, full band gigs, every combination thereof, and anything else I can get away with. I’m always looking for a new way to keep it fresh. We'll see what works, and laugh off what doesn't.

Also coming on the website, the first chapter of Ghost Notes and some song samples from Songs from Memory. Not today, but they’re coming. I’ll let you know here. The early reviews are good on both.

Starting next week, in anticipation of its February 4th release, I’m going to start adding tracks from Songs from Memory to my MySpace Audio page. Expect the first track, “You,” next week.

Also this week, I’m going to update my MySpace and MySpace Audio pages. It’s been awhile. If you’re on MySpace and haven’t linked to both of my pages, this is a great place to get updates about things like new layin’ down the blogs. Friend me, baby!

Also, I’ve started a new blog for those interested in self-publishing and other independent creative ventures. Why a new blog? Click on the link and find out.

Finally, Stuck Outside of Phoenix is going out of print at the end of the month! Only a few more weeks to get this first edition before it becomes part of my past. Get yours now!

Next week, we’ll talk more about the types of events planned for the year, and hopefully I’ll have some more confirmations for you.

Oh yeah. Look for all LDL blogs to be published on Monday as opposed to Sunday from now on.

Art

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang, you are a one-man media conglomerate!

Hoping to see some version of the roadshow this spring.

Neil said...

Art, I'm down for Changing Hands and seeing the band with DHW. :)
It will be nice to finaly meet you.