statcounter

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Nickel

It happened. I'm still a little shaken up by the whole thing.

The boys laid down the law in the studio last weekend, and for the effort we have a recorded version of “Nickel,” the theme song of Stuck Outside of Phoenix, to enjoy for eternity.

“Nickel” absolutely would not be possible without the talents and selflessness of four people.

Tim Anthonise of Gloritone

Jim “Jimmi G” Gerke

Scott Hessel of Gloritone

Tony Robinson of Wahalla Music

All four endured next-to-no pay, bad pizza, and daylight savings time (even though we were in Arizona), so we could all enjoy this tune. If you haven’t already, check out Fainter Farther Still. I doubt you’ll be disappointed. And do you like alt country? Then you’ll love the Wormwood Brothers.

And guess what? The whole thing was so much fun it got us (well, me) jabbering about doing more recording next year.

So, are you ready for lift-off? Ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, "Nickel".

How do you get a copy of “Nickel” for your very own? Oh gosh, it’s so easy. Simply email me, and write “Nickel” in the subject line. Not only will you be sent an mp3 of “Nickel," but you’ll be added to my email list. (If you suspect you’re already on my email list, write “I’m already on your email list” in the contents section of the email.)

That’s it. Let us know what you think in the comments section.

Art

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Song rocks. I've been checking for it the last couple days hoping it would be on. ROCK ON!

Art Edwards said...

Thanks, Dave. I admit to being a little giddy about it. It's good to know someone else likes it.

Art

Ryan Bruemmer said...

fantastic! it's so weird to actually hear a song from Stuck...

Art Edwards said...

Glad you like it, Ryan.

I plan to continue in the vein, having a theme song or "single" for each book. Ghost Notes already has a theme song, so I wanted Stuck to have one, too.

Art

Anonymous said...

I can't hear the vocals.. It shouldn't have been mixed in Dubly.

;)

Art Edwards said...

Funny story:

I had an artist friend of mine recently admit that he'd never seen Spinal Tap. He said, "I've seen Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman, but not Spinal Tap."

This seems wrong to me on so many levels. The only think I can liken it to is seeing The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi without seeing Star Wars.

Art