statcounter

Saturday, January 3, 2009

What's New for 2009?

We're in Portland, and we couldn't be happier. Ever since an attempt to buy a house in the PDX area fell through in 2006, I've pined to get back. We're all settled in now, and starting to work like beavers (tee hee) at getting our mojo up and ready for 2009.

What does that entail, you ask?

First of all, the Defunct Lighten My Load Sale of 2008 will be extended indefinitely! That's right. You can get new, signed copies of Stuck Outside of Phoenix or Ghost Notes, and Songs from Memory to boot, for $10 apiece, or buy all three for a paltry $25! That price is as low as you'll find it anywhere, and it's going to stay that way for the time being. I hope you all can get a set of your own.

Secondly, I haven't performed in Portland for well over a year, so I'm going to end that tragic oversight as soon as I can. I look forward to doing some kind of reading or acoustic show or both in the City of Roses in the first quarter of 2009, and I'll be plugging the gig like crazy here once it comes to light. I want to play some open mics, check out some bookstores, get the lay of the land before I choose the place, but as soon as I book it, you'll know about it. Keep your ears peeled.

Thirdly, I will be finishing my third novel in 2009. It will be called Badge, and while it's technically the sequel of Ghost Notes--which is the sequel of Stuck--there are marked differences from my first two novels. Curious? Here's a hint: No Hote.

Anyway, Novel 3 is the best thing yet--and it's not even done yet--and I hope to have it finished and submitted to prospective agents by the fall of this year. Maybe I'll write more about it here as it seems appropriate.

Fourthly, the Laying Down the Law Blog is back! After my brief hiatus, I'm ready to post here regularly again. I've got lots of ideas, so be looking weekly to see what's new in Budland.

Fifthly, more music! Since making Songs from Memory with Mr. Hartley, I've managed to write six or seven more songs I'm proud of. Three more and it's album time, baby. Writing three more songs, the way I do it, could take three weeks, three months or the rest of the year, but I'm hoping to get back in the studio as soon as the material merits it. I'll keep you posted of progress on that front.

Sixthly, the mystery medium. I'm trying something very new for me in the coming months, and I hope to have something to show you once it's under way. That's all I can say for now. Just know I'm stretching my limits on this one, and we'll see how it goes.

Is that it? I think it is. Stop by next week for a new blog on something close to all of our hearts.

Laying down the blog,

Art


Buy Ghost Notes



Buy Stuck Outside of Phoenix



Buy Songs from Memory

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to have you blogging again! I like knowing what's up in Artland.

Chris