statcounter

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Two Readings in Three Days!

Yep. That's how good I got it.

First was a whole crew of Curbside Splendor readers at the new Reading Frenzy in Alberta. I came for Brian Costello, whose rock-ish novel Losing in Gainesville I plan to review, but I was blown away by the quality work of all four readers.

Second, I made it to Powell's on a rainy Friday night to hear the inimitable Karen Karbo read from the Hawthorne Books reissue of her 1991 slapstick novel The Diamond Lane. The section Karen read felt like it was written yesterday. Wanna read how funny lit fic is supposed to go? Look no further.

So, I'm set with two new, thick titles just in time for the rain.

Yours in laying down the law,

Art

Watch the Book Trailer for Badge.



Buy Badge.

No comments: