statcounter

Monday, March 31, 2008

No Trust Fund Tour Wrap-Up

A couple of quick testimonials of Ghost Notes and Songs from Memory.

"Just wanted to tell you how much we love your CD. It is fantastic. We listened to it at least 4 or 5 times on our way home from Scottsdale and then it wouldn't come out of the CD player so we listened to it another 4 or 5 times until we got home. We love it. We are still playing it. So now we can sing along any time we want."

"I reread Stuck Outside this weekend, and am now enjoying Ghost Notes. I'm to the point in the book where you look at how much is left to read and you're torn. I wanna know what happens and yet I don't want the story to end. I'm really enjoying the book, your writing really makes it easy to identify with Hote's feelings."

The No Trust Fund Tour 2008 ended last night in Chicago with a rocking show, and what an amazing tour it was! Four cities, four gigs, one radio show, and a million laughs. It would be almost impossible to pick a highlight, but playing live on Jon Grayson's radio show on KMOX for 44 states--and the late night at BB's listening to Phat Noiz--has to rank right up there. I'd place playing "Carefree" in both St. Louis and Chicago a close second.

And thank you to all the dancers! I always say, heaven for a musician is having 10 people dance while you play. At that point, you know you're fighting the good fight. Thanks to all of you.

So, I guess it's all over, right? You put out a novel and a CD, you do some readings, you play some gigs, you tour, and then you fade off into the sunset. You feel good about your accomplishments, you brag about them to your family and friends, and you rest well at night knowing the law has been laid down by you with a resounding authority.

Hell no.

This is just the first of what I see as a six-to-eight-month promotional smorgasbord. There will be more readings, there will be more music, more band gigs, more dancing into the night and more work days ruined. Next is a little trip down south that will take me to Oklahoma City and Dallas within the next month or so for a couple of acoustic shows. I hear these areas boast the most cantankerous band of outlaws anyone hombre is likely to come across.

Sounds like a job for me.

Then, who knows? Maybe your city will pop up, again or for the first time. Don't be surprised to see me soon in your neck of the woods. Keep your eyes peeled for the latest at my Web site.

Thanks so much to all of you who came out to see the tour. I will see you again, and sooner rather than later.

Next week's blog? I have no idea. Maybe someone else from Gilligan's Island will get arrested.

Art

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on!
JA

Joe said...

Hey Art --

Just got done hanging out with John last night and getting the details about the tour. Sounds freakin' fantastic. Wish I could've tagged along --

Rawk on,

j