statcounter

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Uhavegonaway Round-up/Upcoming Events

The first ever Uhavegonaway to Oregonaway Show was a blast! I got to play songs with my good friend Jim Gerke, drink beer, eat pizza, talk trash, play tunes from my forthcoming solo record, and pass out Refreshments stickers. Big thanks go out to Joe and Erica for the use of their pad for rehearsal, and to Jimmi G for making the trip all the way from Mesa, AZ. Worth the trip, Jim? Any time, dude.

And the answer to last week’s trivia question? None other than Tommy Tutone. Yes, that’s right. Tommy Tutone jumped onstage with the Refreshments at what I’m now convinced was our 1996 La Luna show and played “867-5309/Jenny” with the boys from Tempe. I remember sitting in the back of the bus as Tommy and Roger rehearsed the song. My first thought upon hearing Tommy sing was, “Wow, he sounds just like him.”

Congrats to Robert’s party-of-three for guessing right, or for at least guessing. They walked away with three Refreshments stickers.

So, now what?

First of all, I’m still hoping to play one more gig before the end of the year. I’ll keep you posted here and at ye ol’web site as events unfold.

Secondly, I have the final, formatted version of Ghost Notes sitting next to me right now. Over the next three weeks I’ll be proofreading it and making final decisions on format, layout, etc. This thing has to read and look great, and it will read and look great. Get ready for Betty, everyone!

Thirdly, at the end of September, I leave for Atlanta to finish Songs from Memory with my good friend and partner in crime Bret Hartley. That bass guitar I dragged out of the closet for the Portland show will not be going back in anytime soon.

Fourthly, as I get my projects finalized over the next few months, I’m going to blog regularly on the Refreshments. Expect ten or twelve Refreshments-related blogs between now and the end of the year, skipping weeks here or there to keep you abreast of things like new gigs and events related to Ghost Notes and Songs from Memory. I look forward to getting back to the Refreshments story, and I know many of you like to read them, so we’ll pick up where we left off in May.

That’s it. Thanks again to the folks who came to the show last night. We’ll do it again in 2008.

Art

3 comments:

MisterJ said...

Where will I be able to purchase a copy of the album?

Art Edwards said...

Mister J,

You will be able to order the album at my web site:

www.artedwards.com

as well as other places, as yet to be decided. Look for it in February, when I'll start taking pre-orders. The CD won't officially come out until early March 2008.

Art

MisterJ said...

Thanks, bro!