statcounter

Saturday, May 5, 2007

The Big Gig

Things are developing rapidly with our Chicago Martyrs’ gig on Saturday, June 9th, for which tickets are now on sale at (800) 594-TIXX . Let me touch on a few items that may have slid by without my mentioning them.

First of all, it’s called The Laying Down the Law Show. How cool is that?

Secondly, there are four acts on the bill.

River Oaks will be anchoring the show, a local Chicago band whose music reminds me of Hedwig and the Angry Inch--and that’s a compliment! Come prepared to rock all night.

A Set of Refreshments Songs with Buck Daddy and Art “Buddy” Edwards on Bass. We’re excited to bring you some Refreshments tunes you may not be expecting. Think deep cuts.

Buck Daddy will be performing--and releasing their new CD at the show! Randy’s been talking about it for months, with that tone in his voice. (Ah, I know it well!)

And don’t forget Art’s Acoustic Set, with a new twist. My set will feature a special guest appearance by Jim “Jimmi G” Gerke , who will be coming all the way from Phoenix to join me for a semi-acoustic version of a *Stuck Outside of Phoenix* classic.

And there’s one more very important detail about my acoustic set…but you’ll have to wait until next week to hear about it. This one truly deserves its own post.

Thirdly, The Sticker.

So, I’m digging around in my closet a few months ago, and I come across a handful of Refreshments stickers. You know the one I’m talking about, oval, purple, with a gold and white Refreshments logo shooshed across the middle. So, I start thinking: what’s the best way to get these stickers into the hands of people who really want them? Here’s what I came up with.

The first twenty people to buy a copy of Stuck Outside of Phoenix at The Laying Down the Law Show will also get a complimentary Refreshments “bookmark." How’s that sound? Now, there’s a limited supply of these, so come early, buy a book, get a free a “bookmark," and catch a bitchin’ acoustic set by yours truly! Show starts at 8:30.

And tune in here next week for a big, big, big announcement from Budland, one that will make a free sticker seem, well, silly.

Art